This blog is about a non-living object. But for the sake of some suspense I thought I would give this object a name. Charlie was given to me by my Achan about 25 years ago. I never ever had Charlie before that! I did not require Charlie before that would be a more ideal way of saying.
Charlie had been part and parcel of life all these years. Where ever I went I had taken Charlie. Charlie had come with me to Singapore, Australia, Germany, England, Malaysia and over that last so many years here in Muscat too.
I had just returned from my annual leave from India a few weeks ago. My parents were here with me in Muscat prior to that. Though I returned earlier from my holidays, my family came a couple of weeks later.
After they came back, my wife gave me a gift. She told me that Achan had noticed Charlie and had told her that it was high time that I dumped Charlie and got myself a new Charlie!!!
After over 25 years of loyal service to me I finally got rid of Charlie I and Charlie II started a new life with me!
Any guesses what this Charlie is?

Here is the secret ... Charlie was my shaving brush!
Charlie had been part and parcel of life all these years. Where ever I went I had taken Charlie. Charlie had come with me to Singapore, Australia, Germany, England, Malaysia and over that last so many years here in Muscat too.
I had just returned from my annual leave from India a few weeks ago. My parents were here with me in Muscat prior to that. Though I returned earlier from my holidays, my family came a couple of weeks later.
After they came back, my wife gave me a gift. She told me that Achan had noticed Charlie and had told her that it was high time that I dumped Charlie and got myself a new Charlie!!!
After over 25 years of loyal service to me I finally got rid of Charlie I and Charlie II started a new life with me!
Any guesses what this Charlie is?
Here is the secret ... Charlie was my shaving brush!
7 comments:
Spectacles :)
Pen/time piece.......?Please reveal his identity:-)
or is it a watch?
Oh God!!!!!!!!!!!!!Must write to the company that it lasted sooooooo long:-)
Tech change/innovation/inventions are so fast that people who cannot even afford are dumping things/gadgets few months old for new ones! I am concerned about dumping living beings like say your wife!!!
Wow! Cool...not just the secret but also loved the way it has been written.
li
Post a Comment