Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ammumma

Ammumma - I am going to miss you very much. For that matter all of us are going to miss you. There is no way ever that we can quantify how much you are going to be missed.

You have been part of my life for the last 40 years. So many memories. So many incidents. I must try and put it down on paper or for that matter on this blogspot - for the sake of my kids, our kids and generations to come.

I feel happy that I was able to see her, spend time with her, talk to ammumma in July earlier this year. It was after 2 years that I was coming home on a holiday from Muscat.
I felt, not sure if anybody else did, that after muthachan had passed away, the light in ammumma was just switched off. I had this feeling that ammumma did not want to live any more any longer and she wanted to get to muthachan as quickly as possible. Her health went on a downward spiral after this and she never recovered fully enough. It was really sad for me to see her without her usual energy.

I am glad that she did not have to suffer too much after she was hospitalized earlier that day. I am more than 100% sure that she is where she wanted to be ...with muthachan.

My regret is that I have not been able to complete a work that I had told her that I would do and would post on site sometime. Now I must finish this as quickly as possible.

No comments: